7 Tips For The Perfect Bubble Bath For Mommies
Life as a mother gets extremely hectic and can be so stressful at times. The past couple weeks for me have been pretty tough and I was in major need of some TLC. One day I remembered I had some Lush bath bombs in my linen closet and I knew right that moment it was time to put them to use. As I de-stressed with my luxurious bath I thought to myself "I need to do this once a week!" And I guess you can say, the rest was history! Haha.
Here's my tips on how to make the most of your bubble bath...
- Pick a day and time that you know will work best for your weekly luxe soak. I'm picking Sunday evenings because I think it will be a great way to start my week plus I don't have as many plans on a Sunday as I would other days of the week.
- Don't stop at just adding a bath bomb; you can add bubbles, and light your favorite candle to create a relaxing atmosphere. Dim or turn off the light to add to your relaxing ambiance.
- Take as much time as you can. Even if you only have 15 minutes to spear, 15 minutes of relaxation is better than none. I prefer a good 20 to 30 minutes.
- If you can, use this time in the bath to reflect on your self, read a inspirational book or listen to a inspirational (or faith building) message. Why not use the time to give youself some much needed inspiration or motivation.
- If all else fails and you can't be alone, it's ok to let your little one/s in. Sometimes as mommies we don't get a break, especially if you are a single mommy like myself. If you have a small baby, put them in a bouncer making sure he/she has a clean diaper and is well fed with a small toy to entertain him/herself. My 1 and 4 year old like to sit next to my bath and watch in amazement at the bath bomb dissolving and turning the water a pretty color. They like to touch the water and I let them as long as they doesn't splash. Even with my littles in the bathroom I still find it relaxing to have a luxe soak with my bath bombs and colorful water.
- Once you're all done with your bath and dried off don't forget to lather yourself in a nice thick cream. It's just something about body creams that make me feel a little bit more luxurious than just slapping on a regular lotion!
- If you can't do this once a week, at least try to do this once a month. It definitely makes a difference when you take the time to cater to yourself. You deserve it!!
What are your favorite products to use when you take a relaxing bath? Tell me below, I want to know!